Terms and Conditions
Booking, Payment and Cancellation
• A booking is not confirmed until The National Lifeguard Training Centre has received a signed booking form and a deposit.
• Until a booking has been received and confirmed by The National Lifeguard Training Centre, all bookings are regarded as provisional.
• The balance is due 21 days before the course commencement date, or with prior arrangement with The National Lifeguard Training Centre.
• Any bookings not confirmed within the 21 days before the course commencement may be re-sold without notice, and the initial deposit forfeited.
• No refunds will be given for courses cancelled up to ten working days prior to the commencement of the course. Other cancellations will receive a refund, but the initial deposit will be forfeited.
• All courses are taught by appropriately qualified Instructors. Instructor to client ratios are in accordance with National Governing Body guidelines. Whilst every reasonable attempt will be made to deliver all course sessions, The National Lifeguard Training Centre reserves the right to cancel or modify any session due to safety requirements or factors beyond our control.
Liability and Insurance
• The National Lifeguard Training Centre holds public liability cover.
• The National Lifeguard Training Centre provides courses and activities, which can be potentially dangerous. All participants must be aware of this and accept the risks associated with the chosen activity. The National Lifeguard Training Centre and Lusty Glaze Beach has an excellent safety record, however responsibility for injury or illness arising from any of the activities cannot be accepted.
Health and Safety / Conduct
• Due to the nature of some of the activities at The National Lifeguard Training Centre, all participants should be physically fit. Anyone with a medical condition must seek medical advice before considering participating.
• Contact lenses and spectacles are permitted to be worn at the discretion of the Centre staff. The wearer must accept full responsibility for any injury sustained before, during or after a course.
• Participants will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to, or during, the course. The Centre staff reserves the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• The Centre staff may require any participant to leave the course without compensation if that person acts in such a manner as to endanger him/herself, or any other Training Centre user/staff.
• The Centre must be informed of any medical condition (asthma, epilepsy, etc) or any other special needs which may impair the individual’s performance on any activity.
Equipment and Clothing
• Participants may wear their own wetsuits as long as they are suitable for the course undertaken. Damage to, or loss of, Centre equipment caused by negligence, malicious acts or carelessness must be paid for at the time and at the current replacement value.
• Complaints concerning the Centre or the activities, should be referred to The National Lifeguard Training Centre within seven days of the session/course. The National Lifeguard Training Centre will adhere to it’s complaints procedures and act therefore to do everything possible to rectify the situation, and the client will receive a written reply from the Head of Centre.
Conditions of Service
• As part of the continual review of safety and associated considerations, the conditions of booking are subject to change, clarification and modification at any time. Only the Centre Manager is empowered to vary or waive any of the conditions of booking.